About Corvette Legends and Dr Pete
I started with my first Corvette back in the summer of 1976. It was a 1969 390 horse 427 coupe loaded with every option except for air conditioning. It even had factory side exhaust. Yes, it was completely numbers matching except for the paint. I purchased it from the second owner who only had it for a few months. It was a good purchase and I sold it for a small profit only a few months later. It was fun, so I continued on my journey to hunt for more numbers matching Corvettes. I spent my Sundays driving around the St. Louis, Missouri area. On several occasions, I even drove over to Illinois looking for numbers matching Corvettes. Even back then, it was amazing to visit with owners who had already swapped motors due to hard use or gasoline incompatibility. Over the years, I purchased and sold more Corvettes. I kept some of the cars longer than others, but over time, I learned a lot about classic Corvettes and the people involved with them. I’ve learned a lot, and kept a lot of information that is no longer available anywhere. In 1995 I put up my first version of Corvette Legends here on the Internet.
During the next decade, I decided to put more information into a Corvette book in 2008. I ended up publishing it myself after spending 14 years researching and verifying all the information. In 2014, I assisted in selling the Rebel Corvette at the Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale Auction.
Now, I’ve returned to my roots and am searching for original documented Corvettes.
Through out all of this, I’ve become involved with the Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals show every November in Chicago Illinois with my own Corvette Legends Invitational Display where I’ve been introducing my new Corvette Legends Magazine each year.
Thank you for visiting my site and come back often!
Corvette Legends Menu
Subscribe to Corvette Legends via Email
Like Us On Facebook!
- 1966 Corvette 427 Air Convertible
- Corvette Legends Magazine 2017
- 1969 ZL1 Corvette at Bloomington Gold
- L88 Corvette Auction Prices
- 1966 Corvette Stock to Race Car in Seven Days
- John Mazmanian Corvette
- Mid Engine Corvette History
- Tony DeLorenzo Corvette Glory Days Part 4
- Tony DeLorenzo Corvette Glory Days Part 3
- Tony DeLorenzo Corvette Glory Days Part 2
Search Corvette Legends:
Please Visit My Sponsors
- Bowling Green Corvette plant set to open Nov. 6 | Lexington Herald ... - Lexington Herald Leader
- 2019 Chevrolet Corvette Will Enter Production on January 29, 2018, Report Says - The Drive
- Gearing up: Retooled Corvette plant set to open Nov. 6 - Bowling Green Daily News
- Hotel on Corvette Drive gets OK from planning commission - Bowling Green Daily News
- Woman, masked gunmen tie up and rob homeowner before stealing ... - KHOU
- 1957 Corvette Really Found in a Barn! - Hot Rod Network - Hot Rod Network
- This Saturday: Take your chances on winning a classic Corvette convertible - Arizona Daily Star
- The Fine Art of Tuning a Corvette's Sound - The New York Times - New York Times
- Mid-Engined 2019 Chevrolet Corvette Beginning Production In ... - CarBuzz
- Indian Navy Corvette collided with Russian Navy hospital ship ... - Maritime Bulletin (press release)