About Corvette Legends and Dr Pete
I started with my first Corvette back in the summer of 1976. It was a 1969 390 horse 427 coupe loaded with every option except for air conditioning. It even had factory side exhaust. Yes, it was completely numbers matching except for the paint. I purchased it from the second owner who only had it for a few months. It was a good purchase and I sold it for a small profit only a few months later. It was fun, so I continued on my journey to hunt for more numbers matching Corvettes. I spent my Sundays driving around the St. Louis, Missouri area. On several occasions, I even drove over to Illinois looking for numbers matching Corvettes. Even back then, it was amazing to visit with owners who had already swapped motors due to hard use or gasoline incompatibility. Over the years, I purchased and sold more Corvettes. I kept some of the cars longer than others, but over time, I learned a lot about classic Corvettes and the people involved with them. I’ve learned a lot, and kept a lot of information that is no longer available anywhere. In 1995 I put up my first version of Corvette Legends here on the Internet.
During the next decade, I decided to put more information into a Corvette book in 2008. I ended up publishing it myself after spending 14 years researching and verifying all the information. In 2014, I assisted in selling the Rebel Corvette at the Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale Auction.
Now, I’ve returned to my roots and am searching for original documented Corvettes.
Through out all of this, I’ve become involved with the Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals show every November in Chicago Illinois with my own Corvette Legends Invitational Display where I’ve been introducing my new Corvette Legends Magazine each year.
Thank you for visiting my site and come back often!
Corvette Legends Menu
Subscribe to Corvette Legends via Email
Like Us On Facebook!
- 1966 Corvette 427 Air Convertible
- Corvette Legends Magazine 2017
- 1969 ZL1 Corvette at Bloomington Gold
- L88 Corvette Auction Prices
- 1966 Corvette Stock to Race Car in Seven Days
- John Mazmanian Corvette
- Mid Engine Corvette History
- Tony DeLorenzo Corvette Glory Days Part 4
- Tony DeLorenzo Corvette Glory Days Part 3
- Tony DeLorenzo Corvette Glory Days Part 2
Search Corvette Legends:
Please Visit My Sponsors
Mid Engine Corvette
- Chevrolet to suspend Corvette production for three months - LeftLane News
- Mid-engined Corvette rumours return – and this time, there are spyshots - CAR Magazine
- Corvette Production Facility Shutdown Begins on Friday - Torque News
- 2018 Chevy Corvette Orders Halted, Bowling Green Assembly Plant ... - Top Speed
- GM is Still Working on a Mid-Engine Chevrolet Corvette - or Something with a Mid-Engine Design - Torque News
- 2009 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 For Sale - duPont REGISTRY (blog)
- GM Wins Right To Use Corvette Badge In Australia | GM Authority - GM Authority (blog)
- 1960 Corvette that's part of a very famous Le mans Winning Race Team - Super Chevy Network
- Chevrolet Corvette badge cleared for Australia, with strings attached - Wheels Magazine
- Detroit Never Made Them That Nice - Super Chevy - Super Chevy Network