1968 Corvette L88 In all of Corvette’s glorious history, there was never anything like the L88. It was solely intended for racing, and was so potent that Chevrolet actually actively discouraged its sale to the general public, even to the extent of understating its actual horsepower rating at 430 HP, less than the incredibly powerful […]
L88 Corvettes from 1967, 1968, 1969
L88 Corvettes, blogs, histories, articles, and photos for the all L88 fans out there!
The archives of Corvette Legends is filled with a tremendous amount of L88 information. New and updated articles will be published here on a regular basis as well as updates on future L88 Corvette displays which will be held at the Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals in Chicago every November.
I am working with Kevin Mackay of Corvette Repair and we are planning to have the first of many record setting L88 Corvette displays at the Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals in Chicago.
2017 will highlight the 50th anniversary of the 1967 L88 Corvette and we are planning on displaying most of the production run of the 20 that were built!
2018 will highlight the 50th anniversary of the 1968 L88 Corvette and again we are planning on displaying a significant number of the production run of 80 that were built.
2019 will highlight the 50th anniversary of the 1969 L88 Corvette and for our finale, we hope to display the largest gathering of L88 Corvettes ever!
If you own a 1967, 1968, or 1969 L88 Corvette, please contact me via the “Contact Dr. Pete” form at the right for more information about having your car in one of these record setting displays and featured in my magazine. I already have participants registered for these up coming displays so let me know as soon as you can so we car plan the display accordingly.
These production L88 Corvettes and others will be featured in my “Street L88” book in the form of Corvette Legends Magazine. This magazine is an annual issue and ordering information will be posted on this site when it’s available.
So keep checking this site on a daily or weekly basis to stay informed!
1967 L88 Corvette This 1967 Corvette L88 was purchased new at Lyman Slack Chevrolet by Jim Elmer of Portland, OR. This 1967 L88 Corvette convertible is one of twenty L88 Corvettes produced in 1967. Elmer bought the car with the single intention to go drag racing. He made his first pass with the new car fresh out of the […]
1968 Corvette L88 This 1968 L88 Corvette is one of just 80 built in 1968. 1968 was the first year for this new Mako Shark II inspired body style and it was the second year of production for the L88 option package. This 1968 L88 Corvette coupe retains its original matching-numbers engine and drivetrain and was expertly […]
1969 Corvette L88 The Corvette Sting Ray was quickly transformed into a serious high-performance car soon after its introduction by Zora Arkus-Duntov and his Corvette Engineering team. They all quickly discovered that the Fuel Injected 327 small block engine was found to be underpowered on the racetrack, so the newly developed big-block Chevrolet engine was fitted between […]
Corvette Legends Menu
Subscribe to Corvette Legends via Email
Like Us On Facebook!
- 1966 Corvette 427 Air Convertible
- Corvette Legends Magazine 2017
- 1969 ZL1 Corvette at Bloomington Gold
- L88 Corvette Auction Prices
- 1966 Corvette Stock to Race Car in Seven Days
- John Mazmanian Corvette
- Mid Engine Corvette History
- Tony DeLorenzo Corvette Glory Days Part 4
- Tony DeLorenzo Corvette Glory Days Part 3
- Tony DeLorenzo Corvette Glory Days Part 2
Search Corvette Legends:
Please Visit My Sponsors
- This RSS feed URL is deprecated
- Cape Kennedy Corvette Club celebrates 50 years of fast cars - Florida Today
- VIDEO: Red Corvette leads Volusia deputies on high-speed chase - WKMG News 6 & ClickOrlando
- Halls' Jordan Corvette scores 56 points in win over Gibbs - Knoxville News Sentinel
- Wheel deal? 2017 Chevy Corvette discounted by up to $9107 - Motor Authority
- Callaway to Enter Corvette C7 GT3-R in Pirelli World Challenge Next Season - The Drive
- 2019 Chevrolet Corvette will be the fastest ever - ABC15 Arizona
- The Corvette Z06 Gets a $9,000 Discount as Sales Decline - The Drive - The Drive
- Man allegedly steals little red Corvette - Temple Daily Telegram
- The 5 most expensive Corvettes ever sold at auction - Fox News