About Corvette Legends and Dr Pete
I started with my first Corvette back in the summer of 1976. It was a 1969 390 horse 427 coupe loaded with every option except for air conditioning. It even had factory side exhaust. Yes, it was completely numbers matching except for the paint. I purchased it from the second owner who only had it for a few months. It was a good purchase and I sold it for a small profit only a few months later. It was fun, so I continued on my journey to hunt for more numbers matching Corvettes. I spent my Sundays driving around the St. Louis, Missouri area. On several occasions, I even drove over to Illinois looking for numbers matching Corvettes. Even back then, it was amazing to visit with owners who had already swapped motors due to hard use or gasoline incompatibility. Over the years, I purchased and sold more Corvettes. I kept some of the cars longer than others, but over time, I learned a lot about classic Corvettes and the people involved with them. I’ve learned a lot, and kept a lot of information that is no longer available anywhere. In 1995 I put up my first version of Corvette Legends here on the Internet.
During the next decade, I decided to put more information into a Corvette book in 2008. I ended up publishing it myself after spending 14 years researching and verifying all the information. In 2014, I assisted in selling the Rebel Corvette at the Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale Auction.
Now, I’ve returned to my roots and am searching for original documented Corvettes.
Through out all of this, I’ve become involved with the Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals show every November in Chicago Illinois with my own Corvette Legends Invitational Display where I’ve been introducing my new Corvette Legends Magazine each year.
Thank you for visiting my site and come back often!
Like Us On Facebook!
Corvette Legends Menu
Subscribe to Corvette Legends via Email
Please Visit My Sponsors:
Search Corvette Legends:
- I drove a $137,000 Corvette ZR1 to see if the most hardcore Vette of all time is as terrifying as it looks — here's the verdict
- 2020 Mid-Engine Corvette Gets Ready To Whoop Up On The Italians
- Ford GT Roll Races Corvette ZR1, The Result Might Surprise You
- Camaro ZL1 1LE Bests Corvette ZR1, Dodge Demon In Top Gear Battle
- Next Corvette will be mid-engined hardcore hybrid
- Chevy Corvette ZR1 Loses 101 Horsepower From Crank To Rear Wheels
- 1,200 HP Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 Starts Upgrade with a Monster Dyno Run
- Watch Hennessey Employees Take Turns Driving 2019 Corvette ZR1
- Corvette ZR1 Fights Lamborghini Huracán In Drag And Rolling Races
- Corvette ZR1 Duels McLaren 720S In Quarter Mile And Rolling Races
- Chevy Corvette ZR1 Is 3 Seconds Quicker Than Camaro ZL1 LE
- 2019 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 Drag Races McLaren 720S, Demolition Ensues