About Corvette Legends and Dr Pete
I started with my first Corvette back in the summer of 1976. It was a 1969 390 horse 427 coupe loaded with every option except for air conditioning. It even had factory side exhaust. Yes, it was completely numbers matching except for the paint. I purchased it from the second owner who only had it for a few months. It was a good purchase and I sold it for a small profit only a few months later. It was fun, so I continued on my journey to hunt for more numbers matching Corvettes. I spent my Sundays driving around the St. Louis, Missouri area. On several occasions, I even drove over to Illinois looking for numbers matching Corvettes. Even back then, it was amazing to visit with owners who had already swapped motors due to hard use or gasoline incompatibility. Over the years, I purchased and sold more Corvettes. I kept some of the cars longer than others, but over time, I learned a lot about classic Corvettes and the people involved with them. I’ve learned a lot, and kept a lot of information that is no longer available anywhere. In 1995 I put up my first version of Corvette Legends here on the Internet.
During the next decade, I decided to put more information into a Corvette book in 2008. I ended up publishing it myself after spending 14 years researching and verifying all the information. In 2014, I assisted in selling the Rebel Corvette at the Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale Auction.
Now, I’ve returned to my roots and am searching for original documented Corvettes.
Through out all of this, I’ve become involved with the Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals show every November in Chicago Illinois with my own Corvette Legends Invitational Display where I’ve been introducing my new Corvette Legends Magazine each year.
Thank you for visiting my site and come back often!
Like Us On Facebook!
Corvette Legends Menu
Subscribe to Corvette Legends via Email
Please Visit My Sponsors:
Search Corvette Legends:
- The Very Last C7 Chevrolet Corvette Ever Will Be Sold in June
- The 2020 Mid-Engine Corvette Will Debut on July 18 Road & Track
- Chevy drove the next-generation Corvette through New York City — and GM CEO Mary Barra was along for the ride (GM)
- It’s Official! Really! GM to Reveal Mid-Engine C8 Corvette in July
- The Last Front-Engined Chevrolet Corvette, a 2019 C7 Z06, Will Be Auctioned Off in June
- Wheels24.co.za | WATCH: Corvette ZR1, Challenger SRT - the best supercharged cars of all time
- GM's new Corvette is so powerful, it's warping the frame in tests, report says
- The 2019 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 Goes Where No Corvette Has Gone Before
- Watch Hennessey-Tuned C6 Corvette ZR1 Growl On The Dyno
- GM Patent App Suggests Variable Geometry Spoiler For C8 Corvette
- Mid-engine Corvette C8 Caught Testing in (Unexpected) Snow Storm
- Bowman set for Corvette race vs. Hendrick