1962 Corvette Fuel Injected NCRS This 1962 Corvette Fuel Injected NCRS award winner has earned a number of the most prestigious awards given in the Corvette hobby. Sold new at Seymour Chevrolet in Seymour, Connecticut, it is presented from the Ed Foss Collection with documentation that includes the original window sticker and bill of sale, […]
C1 Corvette, the first generation of Corvettes that were built from 1953 to 1962. Corvettes for sale, Original Corvettes, Restored Corvettes, and Drag Racing Corvettes are found in my C1 Corvettes archive section. The first generation of Corvettes was an essential generation as it was during this time period that General Motors approved the continued production of the Chevrolet Corvette. The C1 Corvettes brought us dual quad intakes, dual quad carbs, and fuel injection systems which were all used as fuel delivery systems on top of the new Chevrolet Small Block V8 engine which was released in the 1955 model year. Handling and Big Brake packages were developed to keep this new found power under control, and even an extra capacity gas tank was developed for those enthusiasts who needed more fuel from start to finish. This first generation of Corvettes not only competed in Sports Car Races here in the United States, but also over seas. In 1960, there was an official team three Corvettes plus an independent team that raced in the 24 Hours of LeMans.
Mazmanian Corvette The Mazmanian Corvette was one of the Corvettes that created drag racing history at NHRA tracks on the west coast back in the early sixties. While drag racing gained popularity nationwide through the 1950s, the epicenter of its popularity was southern California. This was the land where speed and engineering prowess often went hand […]
Hottest Thing on the Road: 1961 Chevrolet Corvette Fuelie 283 Vintage Road Test 1961 Corvette Fuelie 283 That’s what Hot Rod magazine’s Technical Editor Ray Brock called the fuel-injected ’61 Vette he road tested for the magazine’s July 1961 issue. The car was borrowed from a local dealer, Harry Mann Chevrolet in Los Angeles. It […]
1955, 1956, 1957 Corvette Vin Number One 001 Trio Whenever any VIN #001 collectible car is up for auction, people tend to sit up and take notice. But when three VIN #001 vehicles are for sale at the same auction – and they just happen to be Corvettes from sequential model years – well, that […]
Please Visit My Sponsors:
Chicago Cars For Sale. Chicago Cars For Sale in our dealer network from Chicago, Detroit, Milwaukee, and nearby cities in Illinois, Wisconsin, and Michigan.
Like Us On Facebook!
Corvette Legends Menu
Subscribe to Corvette Legends via Email
Please Visit My Sponsors:
Search Corvette Legends:
- Shelby GT500 And Chevy Corvette Might Share Blower, Gearbox
- Should The 755HP 2019 Corvette ZR-1 Actually Command A Six Digit Price Tag?
- Teutul seeks return of Corvette in bankruptcy court filing
- Corvette ZR1 Driven So Hard On Track It Calls OnStar 3 Times
- Own A Corvette ZR1 For Only $50, But You Have To Build It
- Mid-Engined Corvette Shows Its Size In Side-By-Side Comparison
- Mid-Engined Corvette Spied Up Close In Michigan
- OnStar Thought We Crashed a Corvette ZR1. We Were only Lapping It. [Video]
- Chevy Corvette Prices Are Rising Up To $2,500 This Year
- Mid-Engined Corvette 'Insider' Claims To Have Full C8 Story
- 2019 Corvette ZR1: The Last, and Best, of Its Kind
- New Mid-Engine Corvette Fan Renders Have Our Heart Racing