1970 Star Spangled Corvette Purchased new by David Dugan, this 1970 Corvette was treated to a custom stripe with the star spangled theme (50 stars) and brand new American mag wheels shortly after delivery. The car was campaigned on mostly the west coast, mainly around the California area, to support our overseas troops. It was […]
C3 Corvette 1968 – 1982 model years. The 1968 Corvette introduced the new Mako Shark body style and brought the C3 Corvettes from the late sixties through the seventies and all the way into the early eighties. The C3 body style was the longest running body style of all Corvettes to date, and it is still tremendously popular with collectors, restorers, weekend cruisers, and now with restomod enthusiasts. The 1968 and 1969 Corvettes were very similar in appearance, but there were some subtle differences between the two model years. The Tri Power 427 engines were available during these two model years, and the new TH400 Turbo Hydra-Matic three-speed automatic transmission became an available option in 1968. The Legendary L88 427 engine was available in both 1968 and 1969, and for the 1969 model year, the 327 engine grew to 350 cubic inches. The 1970 Corvette brought us an even larger big block Chevrolet engine as it was now 454 cubic inches, and the solid lifter 350 engine was released as the LT1. During the 1971 Corvette model year, a solid lifter 454 with aluminum heads option was available as the LS6, and in 1972 the solid lifter LT1 engine became available with air conditioning as the 454 engine option began to decline in popularity. 1972 was the last year for metal bumpers at the front and rear. Beginning in 1973, urethane bumpers began the appearance and development on the Corvettes which lasts to this day. Emission standards increased during the seventies and in 1978, the Corvette became famous for its Indianapolis 500 Pace Car Edition model and the Silver Anniversary Edition model. Enjoy this C3 Corvette classifieds section!
1970 Motion Phase III GT Corvette The Corvette Legends Invitational display at the 2015 Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals centered around this 454 LS6 powered Motion Performance Phase III GT Corvette. Joel Rosen was the owner of Motion Performance, a Speed Shop in Baldwin, New York. Motion was considered by many as the east coast capital of […]
Please Visit My Sponsors:
Chicago Cars For Sale. Chicago Cars For Sale in our dealer network from Chicago, Detroit, Milwaukee, and nearby cities in Illinois, Wisconsin, and Michigan.
Like Us On Facebook!
Corvette Legends Menu
Subscribe to Corvette Legends via Email
Please Visit My Sponsors:
Search Corvette Legends:
- Shelby GT500 And Chevy Corvette Might Share Blower, Gearbox
- Should The 755HP 2019 Corvette ZR-1 Actually Command A Six Digit Price Tag?
- Teutul seeks return of Corvette in bankruptcy court filing
- Corvette ZR1 Driven So Hard On Track It Calls OnStar 3 Times
- Own A Corvette ZR1 For Only $50, But You Have To Build It
- Mid-Engined Corvette Shows Its Size In Side-By-Side Comparison
- Mid-Engined Corvette Spied Up Close In Michigan
- OnStar Thought We Crashed a Corvette ZR1. We Were only Lapping It. [Video]
- Chevy Corvette Prices Are Rising Up To $2,500 This Year
- Mid-Engined Corvette 'Insider' Claims To Have Full C8 Story
- 2019 Corvette ZR1: The Last, and Best, of Its Kind
- New Mid-Engine Corvette Fan Renders Have Our Heart Racing